Insite Salmonella is a quick and easy test for the detection of Salmonella species in food processing environments. The test contains a liquid medium formulated with growth enhancers and chromogenic compounds selective for Salmonella species. A colour change from purple to bright yellow in 24-28 hours is presumptive positive for Salmonella species. Insite Salmonella is a self-contained screening test which is easy to perform while reducing wait time, labor costs and materials. If you get a presumptive positive as a result of the colour change, then you should the same swab to a reference lab for confirmation.If you are life the vast majority of food processors that send ogf for pathogen tests then this test will prove very cost effective since you will be able to avoid the majority of lab tests. This save both time and money.
- Easy to use with no preparation steps required
- Large sponge tip maximizes sample collection for accurate results
- Eliminates costly ourside lab fees for an equivalent test
- Colour results are easy to interpret--bright yellow indicated presence of Salmonella species
- Positive results in as little as 24 hours.
- Presumptive negative results in 48 hours
- Self contained tube eliminates risk of contamination
- Up to 9 months shelf life at refrigerated temperatures (2-8°C)
- Detects Salmonella species down to 1-10 CFU, even in the presence of high numbers of competing organisms
Available in the following configurations:
- ATP-161-100, Insite Salmonella Test, 100/case - $650.00 US
- ATP-161, Insite Salmonella Test, 50/case - $350.00.00 US
- Insite Salmonella features a viewing window with a result chart for easy interpretation. Results are presumptive positive when the Insite Salmonella media turns bright yellow.